(2) Set the calculator dial (fig. 2-3) on the flash
u n i t to the ASA rating of the film loaded in the
(3) Focus the camera on the portion of the scene
to be properly illuminated.
(4) Read the f/stop indicated on the calculator
dial for the camera focusing setting. Set the camera
lens at this f/stop.
(5) Set the flash unit ON-OFF switch at ON.
(6) Compose and focus the picture in the
viewfinder of the camera.
(7) When the ready light on the flash unit comes
on, make the exposure.
i. After making last flash exposure, allow the ready
light to come on; then set the flash unit ON-OFF
switch at OFF.
2-15. Using Flash Unit Detached
a. Disconnect the flash adapter from the camera
and hold the flash unit in the desired position.
b. Connect the flash unit's PC cord to the PC socket
on the camera.
c. Operate the flash unit and camera as described
that all distances (except camera focusing) are from
the flash unit to the subject.
2-16. Operating Flash Unit
Operate the flash unit on AC when you want to
take more pictures in a shorter period of time than