z. Attach the base block and the electronic
body (2), using care to keep holes clear of glue,
mounting block assemblies (9) to the rear of the
and attach right hand guard (68).
shutter front casting assembly (3) with the four
(9) Using universal riveter tool-
screws provided (6, 7, 8).
(a) Attach stationary hinge (67) on light
seal assembly (65) with three rivets (66).
aa. Mount the front casting light seal (10) in
the upper right corner of the shutter front cast-
(b) Position the spring stop (63) on the
ing assembly (3).
light seal assembly (65) and attach with two riv-
ab. Thread the battery wire assembly which is
(c) Mount light seal assembly (65) on
attached to the base block and the electronic
camera body (2) with four rivets (64 ).
mounting block, through the hole in the left lower
(10) Set left and right fillers (61, 62) in
corner of the shutter rear casting assembly (4).
place behind spring stop (63).
ac. Assemble the shutter front casting assembly
(11 ) Using universal riveter tool, mount bat-
(3) to the shutter rear casting assembly (4) and
tery interlock assembly (59) on camera body (2)
secure with two shutter fastening screws (1) pro-
in position shown with rivet (58).
(12) Secure left-hand guard (57) to camera
body (2) with two hand guard fasteners (56).
ad. Replace shutter fastening screw-long (2)
but do not tighten securely at this time.
(13) Position the center retainer (55) and
rear cover latch (54) on left-hand guard (57)
ae. Glue top etch plate (5) in place. Etch plate
with screw (53).
(5), if new, will have self-adhesive backing.
(14) Secure battery clip (52) to left-hand
af. Place shutter shaft sleeve (29) over top of
guard (57) with screw (51).
shutter shaft (30).
(15) Snap battery B1 (50) into battery clip
(16) Position magnet spring (49), magnet
(48) and two pole pieces (47) in slot in top of
camera body (2) and secure with magnet pivot
a. Reassembly, Stage 1.
(17) Attach neck strap assembly (45) to
strap lugs (77) with D-rings (44).
When riveting components to the camera
body, use care not to crack camera body.
(18) Activate glue on slot cover (43) by
applying MEK or Ethyl Acetate, Glue slot cover
(1) Using universal riveter tool, attach
(43) in slot in bottom left of camera body (2).
mounting plate spring (80) to camera body (2)
with two rivets (79).
b. Reassembly, Stage 2.
(2) Secure two R. F.-V. F. pivot pads (78)
(1) Using universal riveter tool, mount shut-
to camera body (2) with Bipax Tra-Con epoxy.
ter mount bushing (42) on U-frame (14) with
(3) Position two strap lugs (77) in holes at
spring rivet (41).
extreme left and right rear edge of camera body
(2) If cable release wire tab (40) and two
(2). Secure lugs by peening lug pins from under-
flash wire tabs (39) have been removed, glue into
neath the top lip of camera body.
place on bellows (1).
(4) Attach tab strip bar (75) to camera body
(3) Using universal riveter tool-
with two screws (74).
(a) Mount focus bar bracket (37) to focus
(5) Press latch pivot (73) onto release latch
bar (38) with two rivets (36).
(71 ) and install release latch spring (72).
(b) Mount focus buttons (34 and 35) on
focus bar (38) with two rivets (33).
(6) Position release latch (71) with latch
pivot (73) inserted in hole top right of camera
(4) Activate glue on focus bar plate (32) and
zone focus plate (31) by applying MEK or Ethyl
Acetate. Glue focus bar plate (32) and zone focus
(7) Insert release arm (70) so that it en-
plate (31) into place.
gages the lower end of the release latch (71).
Insert screw (69) into release arm (70) and
(5) Using universal riveter tool, mount inner
frame top (30) and detent slide (29) on focus bar
(38) with rivet (28).
(8) Apply glue to right front side of camera