(22) Orient assembled cocking slide assembly
(9) Mount the blade latch spring (53), the
(32 to 39) so that slotted end is to left and spring
assembled blade latch and blade latch bushing (51
is on top. Position assembled cocking slide assem-
and 52) on the blade latch pivot (54) ; secure the
bly in track at top of block. Position cocking slide
mounted parts with the retaining ring (50). The
assembly so that right edge of overtravel arm
U-bend portion of the blade latch spring (53) is
secured in the V-slot of the blade latch and free
(34) is resting against left side of upper post on
the closing blade (44). Check that roller (38) on
end of spring is tucked under lip of the slot in the
right end of cocking slide (32) rests on top of
upper right corner of the base block. The tip of
high point of blade latch (51). In this position the
the latch should rest on the end of the spring
blade latch (51) is depressed and causes S2
terminal of the breaker contact (65) when the
breaker contact (65) to open.
blade latch is pressed downward.
(23) Press retaining pin (31) into place to
(10) Position bottom contact-battery switch
hold cocking slide assembly (32 to 39) in place.
(58), insulator (57), and top contact-battery
switch (56) in upper right-hand corner of base
(24) Hook the free end of spring (36) into
block (98), and secure with rivet (55).
the hole on the top of overtravel arm (34).
(11) Mount cocking slide latch bushing (48)
(25) Assemble capacitor outer-contacts (78),
on cocking slide latch (47).
insulator (79), and capacitor contact light seal
(77) in order given. Insulator (79) should be
(12) Mount cocking slide latch (47) on pivot
sandwiched in between capacitor contacts (73).
(49) with hook to left and facing up.
Rounded ends of capacitor outer-contacts (78)
(13) Secure cocking slide latch (47) in posi-
should be facing down. Straight ends should be
tion with slide latch spring (46) and retaining
facing up and positioned on left and right sides of
ring (45). Short length of spring should fit
light seal (77).
against lip at top of block. Longer end of spring
(26) Position assembled capacitor outer-con-
should be against top on lower right end of
tacts (78), insulator (79), and capacitor contact
cocking slide latch (47).
light seal (77) in lower left corner of block and
(14) Fit opening and closing blade (43 and
secure with two rivets (76).
44) assemblies together so that closing blade is on
(27) Press "X" contact, (73) onto nibs to
bottom, with end pins and metal block facing up
right of light seal (77). Spring contact should be
and cradled into recess at right end of opening
pointing upward, should pass to right of left ter-
minal of "X" connector strip (75), and rest on the
(15) Slide assembled opening and closing
left side of the bottom post of the opening blade
blades (43 and 44) in track in upper left half of
(43). Heat seal in place.
block. Cut out end of opening blade (43) should be
(28) Place opening blade spring (42) over
to right. Slide both the opening and closing blade
round post molded into bottom center of block.
assemblies all the way to left.
Position spring so spring ends point up, and left
(16) Glue stop block (29) to closing blade
end rests on right side of post. in center of open-
stop bracket (28).
(17) Position shock pad (30) and closing
(29) Place retaining washer (41) over blade
blade stop bracket (28) at the left end of the
spring (42) and secure with a single rivet (40).
blade track, and secure in position with rivet
(30) Insert right end of spring in first notch
on spring adjustment (83).
(18) Rivet bumper (81) to base block (98)
c. Reassembling Base Block Assembly, Stage II.
with bumper eyelet (80).
To reassemble the components on the front of the
(19) Attach roller (39) and roller bearing
base block assembly, proceed as follows:
(38) to front side of cocking slide (32) with slide
(20) Attach spacer (35) and overtravel arm
This procedure assumes that the aper-
(34) to cocking slide (32) with overtravel arm
ture wheel pivot pin (17), and two pivot
pins (25 and 5) in lower left corner,
(21 ) Hook one end of overtravel arm spring
have not been removed and are intact. If
(36) into the hole in the upper left corner of
this is not the case, these pins must, be
cocking slide (32).
installed before proceeding,