(10) Operate unit until suction pressure gage registers between 5 and 10 inches of mercury vacuum.
(11) Shut off machine and observe suction pressure gage for a few minutes. If pressure rebuilds, operate unit until
pressure does not rebuild appreciably.
(12) Crack receiver outlet valve until three to four psig is indicated on suction gage.
(13) Close receiver inlet valve by turning valve stem clockwise as far as it will go.
(14) Remove suction pressure gage.
(15) Before opening the refrigerant system, the pressure in the system should be known. If the system is opened
under high pressure, excessive loss of refrigerant will occur. If opened under vacuum, air is drawn into the system which
will cause operating difficulties. If the pressure gage indicates a vacuum after pumping down, open the receiver outlet
valve slightly to build three to four pounds of pressure in the system.
(16) Disconnect air conditioner power cord from right shelter wall adjacent to unit.
(17) Remove the three MS electrical connectors (see fig. 12-1) on the right side of air conditioner evaporator
Figure 12-2. Air Conditioner, Interior View.