(4) Remove retaining bolts and nuts, and remove bench assembly from shelter.
c. Repair. Repair the bench assembly as follows:
(1) Door Handles and Latching Mechanism. Replace door handles and latching mechanism as follows:
(a) Remove the two screws and nuts which attach the handle to the right-hand door.
(b) Remove the single screw which attaches the center plate of the latching mechanism to the handle center
(c) Remove the handle and withdraw the latching mechanism from the mechanism bar guides.
(d) Position new handle in door and secure with two attaching screws and nuts.
(e) Insert the latching mechanism bars into the bar guides.
(f) Position the latching mechanism center plate against the handle inner flange and install the attaching screw.
(g) Check handle and mechanism for correct operation.
(2) Drawer Handles. Replace the drawer handles as follows:
(a) Open applicable drawer and remove contents.
(b) Remove the two screws which attach the handle from the inside of the drawer and remove the handle.
(c) Position new handle on cabinet drawer and install attaching screws.
(d) Install drawer contents, and close drawer.
(3) Drawer Locking Knob. Replace the drawer locking knob as follows:
(a) Open drawer and remove clip at inner end of knob shaft.
(b) Withdraw knob and remove locking lever and spring.
(c) Insert new knob into front drawer panel hole and position spring and locking lever onto knob shaft.
(d) Push knob shaft through rear guide hole and install retainer clip.
d. Installation. Install the bench assembly as follows:
(1) Using heavy paper, construct a mounting hole location template using the removal bench as a pattern.
(2) Drill the replacement bench attachment bolt holes using the template as a pattern.
(3) Obtain measurements from removed counter, and drill papercutter stiffening plate mounting holes and mounting
(4) Position stiffening plates on bench top and install attaching screws, washers and nuts.
(5) Position bench assembly in shelter and secure with bolts and nuts (see fig. 10-2).
(6) Install the papercutter in accordance with paragraph 5-9.