(4) Carefully remove and identify wires attached to relay.
(5) Remove the relay mounting hardware and remove the relay.
c. Repair. Repair the terminal box relays as follows:
Care should be taken during cleaning and repair of the relays so as not to damage the relay
Never use highly abrasive materials, such as emery cloth, coarse sandpaper, or carborundum
paper for surfacing relay contacts. They will damage the contacts.
(1) Dress the relay contacts with crocus cloth until the burned or pitted spots are removed.
(2) Wipe the contacts thoroughly with a cloth moistened in dry cleaning solvent and dry with a clean soft cloth.
(3) If the contacts are dirty clean as directed in step (2).
(4) If the relay does not conform to acceptable standards replace the relay.
d. Installation. Install the terminal box relays as follows:
(1) Position the replacement relay in the terminal box and secure with mounting hardware.
(2) Attach applicable wires.
(3) Apply electrical power and check operation of relay by moving air conditioner controls.
(4) Install evaporator front cover and secure with spring fasteners.
(5) Install humidifier as directed in paragraph 4-31.
12-3. Control Box
The air conditioner control box consists of a function control switch, humidistat, and thermostat which are all mounted
to a chassis. This in turn is then mounted to the curbside shelter wall. (See fig. 12-6).
Figure 12-6. Air Conditioner Control Box.