materials, such as emery cloth,
coarse sandpaper, or carborundum
paper for surfacing relay contacts.
They will damage the contacts.
(1) Dress the relay contacts with crocus cloth until
the burned or pitted spots are removed.
(2) Wipe the contacts thoroughly with a cloth
moistened in drycleaning solvent and dry with a clean soft
(3) If the contacts are dirty, clean as directed in
(4) If the relay does not conform to acceptable
standards replace the relay.
d. Installation. Install the terminal box relays as
follows: (1) Position the replacement relay in the terminal
box and secure with mounting hardware.
(2) Attach applicable wires.
(3) Apply electrical power and check operation of
relay by moving air conditioner controls.
(4) Install evaporator front cover and secure with
(5) Install humidifier as directed in paragraph 4-
11-3. Control Box.
The air conditioner control box consists of a
function control switch, humidistat, and thermostat which
are all mounted to a chassis. This in turn is then mounted
to the curbside shelter wall. (See fig. 11-6.)
Figure 11-6. Air Conditioner Control Box, Removal aid Installation