a. Inspection. Inspect the control box as follows:
(1) Check the function control switch to ensure
smooth rotation to each switch position.
(2) Check the function switch to ensure correct
Extreme care must be exercised
while performing maintenance on
They are designed to operate within
a very small change in temperature
and will easily become maladjusted.
(3) Loosen the locking screws which attach the
humidistat and thermostat front covers, remove the
covers and inspect the units.
(4) Inspect the entire assembly for loose or
broken connections, dirt, dust, corrosion, fungus growth,
(5) Position front covers and tighten locking
b. Removal. Remove the air conditioner control box
(1) Position the air conditioner circuit breaker to
(2) Disconnect the electrical cable which extends
between the control box and the air conditioner at the air
conditioner connector. (See fig. 11-6.)
(3) Remove the cable clamps which secure the
control box cable to the shelter wall.
(4) Remove the screws and lockwashers which
attach the control box to the shelter wall and remove the
box complete with cable.
c. Repair. Repair the control box as follows:
(1) Clean contacts with a strip of bond paper. If
necessary, moisten the paper with drycleaning solvent
and then polish contacts with another strip of dry paper.
(2) Repair and tighten any faulty wires or
(3) Check the temperature setting against the
requirements of the air conditioner and readjust if
d. Installation. Install control box as follows:
(1) Position air conditioner control box on shelter
wall and secure with mounting screws and lockwashers.
(See fig. 11-6.)
(2) Connect interconnecting power control cable
to air conditioner and secure cable to shelter wall with
(3) Position air conditioner circuit breaker to on.