2-8. ASSEMBLY AND PREPARATION FOR USE. - Continued
k. Setting Up 15 KW Generator and Connecting Main Power Cable. - Continued
(2) Connect the leads of the 6 foot power cable to the generator in accordance with the
following color code:
L1 - black - Pin 1
L2 - red - Pin 3
Ground - green - Pin 4 (marked with blue band)
LO - white - Pin 2
1. Setting up Equipment. Plug the power cords of the individual items of equipment into the wall
receptacles located near their operating positions. Specialized pre-operating instructions for individual items of
equipment, where necessary, will be found in the respective technical/commercial equipment manuals provided
with the shelter.
m. Prestart Procedure.
Power to the shelter unit can be provided by commercial power or portable generator set.
(1) Set all circuit breakers in main power service box to OFF position.
DEATH or serious injury could result if electrical
unplugged/disconnected, that circuit breakers are set to
generator/commercial power system is property grounded.
Always have another person standing by who is familiar
with electrical shock first aid.
(2) Connect the main power cable to the main power receptacle located near the door of the shelter, prior
to connecting the cable to the power source. The cable connector and the receptacles are keyed to ensure proper
(3) If setting up the Press Shelter for use with the Modular Printing System (MPS), refer to TM 5-3610-294-
13&P for connection of the power cable to the power distribution box.
(4) Notify Module C supervisor that electrical connections are complete and power is required.
n. Start Procedure. Starting the System.
(1) Set all circuit breakers in the main power service box to ON.