14-2. Blackout Door Lockpin Assembly
a. Inspection. Inspect the blackout pin assembly as follows:
(1) Inspect pin for any damage which would prevent insertion into the door locking mechanism. Replace as
(2) Inspect pin chain for security of installation.
(3) Inspect chain for breaks or apparent weakening of links.
(4) Inspect pin for security of attachment to chain.
b. Removal. Remove blackout pin assembly as follows:
c. Replacement. Replace defective lockpin assembly as follows:
(1) Remove bolt attaching chain mounting plate and remove blackout lockpin assembly.
(2) The chain mounting plate attachment bolt also secures the center latch plate. If a new lockpin is not to be
immediately installed, install latch plate bolt.
(3) If necessary, remove lower latch plate attachment bolt.
c. Repair. Repair of the blackout pin consists of replacement.
d. Installation. Install the blackout pin as follows:
(1) Position replacement lockpin chain mounting plate and install attaching bolt.
(2) The pin-to-chain attachment ring is an ordinary keyring device and both the pin and the ring can be replaced in
the same manner as a key.