a. Inspection. Inspect the control box as follows:
(1) Check the function control switch to ensure smooth rotation to each switch position.
(2) Check the function switch to ensure correct contact operation.
Extreme care must be exercised while performing maintenance on humidistats and/or
thermostats. They are designed to operate within a very small change in temperature and will
easily become maladjusted.
(3) Loosen the locking screws which attach the humidistat and thermostat front covers, remove the covers and
inspect the units.
(4) Inspect the entire assembly for loose or broken connections, dirt, dust, corrosion, fungus growth, etc.
(5) Position front covers and tighten locking screws.
b. Removal. Remove the air conditioner control box as follows:
(1) Position the air conditioner circuit breaker to off.
(2) Disconnect the electrical cable which extends between the control box and the air conditioner at the air
conditioner connector. (See fig. 12-6).
(3) Remove the cable clamps which secure the control box cable to the shelter wall.
(4) Remove the screws and lockwashers which attach the control box to the shelter wall and remove the box
complete with cable.
c. Repair. Repair the control box as follows:
(1) Clean contacts with a strip of bond paper. If necessary, moisten the paper with drycleaning solvent and then
polish contacts with another strip of dry paper.
(2) Repair and tighten any faulty wires or connections.
(3) Check the temperature setting against the requirements of the air conditioner and readjust if necessary.
d. Installation. Install control box as follows:
(1) Position air conditioner control box on shelter wall and secure with mounting screws and lockwashers. (See fig.
(2) Connect interconnecting power control cable to air conditioner and secure cable to shelter wall with cable
(3) Position air conditioner circuit breaker to on.