47. Monthly Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services
age, and all shortages
must be on valid requi-
Lubrication of the support post (a below) is required monthly,
and lubrication of the blower motor (b below) is required semi-
annually. A month consists of 30 days of normal B-hour operation.
If the equipment is operated more than 8 hours a day, the lubri-
cation intervals should be adjusted accordingly. For example, if
the equipment is operated 16 hours a day, the support post
should be lubricated at 15-day intervals instead of monthly.
a. Support Post. Lubricate the support post (figs. 2 and 2.2)
as follows :
(1) Remove the head support arm from the support post.
(2) Moisten a clean cloth with lubricating oil (PL-SPE-
(3) Wipe the support arm with the moistened cloth, and
remove all dirt and grit,
(4) Replace the head support arm on the support post.
b. Blower Motor. Lubricate the blower motor as follows:
Note. Equipment procured on Order No. AF33 (600) 23384 does not
require lubrication of the blower motor.
(1) Remove the projection head assembly from the support
post; set the projection head assembly carefully to one
(2) Carefully lay the housing (figs. 1.1 and 3) on its side.
(3) On the PH-637/PFP and the PH-637A/PFP, remove
the bottom cover (par. 55e(4)). On the PH-637B/PFP,
remove the six bottom cover mounting screws (fig. 29.1)
that secure the bottom cover, and lift off the bottom
cover to reach the blower motor. On the PH-637C/PFP,
remove the bottom cover (fig. 29.3) and blower assem-
bly (par. 55.1g).