ELECTRICAL WIRING ASSEMBLY.
This task covers:
Electrical equipment tool kit
DEATH or serious injury could result if electrical precautions are not taken when maintaining this
equipment. Be sure that power cables are disconnected and that circuit breakers are set to OFF.
Be sure that equipment is properly grounded. Always have another person standing by who is
familiar with electrical shock first aid.
(1) Inspect electrical wires inside rigid conduit for burnt, cracked or missing insulation.
(2) Inspect electrical wires for frayed, broken, corroded or exposed conductors.
(3) Inspect electrical wires for loose or improper connection.
(4) Inspect electrical wires for security of mounting (safely held inside conduit with wire clips).
b. Repair. Electrical wiring repair consists of replacing components. (See Figure 5-11).
(1) Remove conduit cover clips, cover and wire clips. Refer to paragraph 5-13.
(2) Tag electrical wires, disconnect from terminals and remove from conduit, as necessary.
(3) Install electrical wires (cut to length) in conduit, connect to terminals and remove tags. (See Figure 5-11.
Electrical Wiring Diagram for Proper Connections.)
(4) Install conduit wire clips, channel cover and cover clips. Refer to paragraph 5-13.