4-44. ADJUST LINEFEED SOLENOID
2. Loosen but do not remove two screws.
clutch and strobe disc will not turn.
3. Determine if solenoid arm has engaged clutch lobe.
4. If necessary, rotate jackshaft by hand until a clutch
lobe is lined up with solenoid arm.
The clearance between solenoid arm and
clutch lobe must be kept within specified
tolerance (0.05 inches is best).
5. Using feeler gauge while moving solenoid mounting
block, as shown, set gap between solenoid arm and
clutch lobe at 0.05-0.010 in. (0.13-0.25 mm).
6. Hand tighten screws on solenoid block.