(3) set the shutter speed dial at the desired
(4) Face the camera toward the subject and look
into the viewfinder.
(5) Turn the preset aperture ring on the lens un-
til the meter needle (fig. 2-10) points to the fixed blue
(6) To return the camera to normal full-
a p e r t u r e metering, turn the lever lock/mirror lock
lever counterclockwise as far as it will go.
b. Setting Lens.
(1) On the back of the 50 mm lens assembly (fig.
2-13), hold the automatic-manual lever
as far coun-
terclockwise as possible and turn the locking lever to
L. The 35 mm and 135 mm lenses do not have locking
levers; just move the automatic-manual lever as far
(2) When you set the lens this way, also set the
camera for stopped-down metering.
(3) To return the 50 mm lens to regular
operation, set the locking lever at the white dot. (The
automatic-manual lever snaps back in position by it-
(4) To return the 35 mm or 135 mm lens to
r e g u l a r operation, just move the automatic-manual
lever as far clockwise as it will go.