4-21. AIR CONDITIONER ASSEMBLY.
This task covers: a. Inspect b. Replace
General mechanics automotive tool kit
RTV Sealant (2, 3, Appendix E)
Inspect. (See Figure 4-13, figure 4-14, and figure 4-15.)
(1) Inspect air conditioner on front wall of shelter for security of mounting. Inspection procedures are
identical for both air conditioners.
(2) Inspect air conditioner electrical power cable for proper connection to wall receptacle and to air
(3) Inspect air conditioner electrical power cable for breaks, cracks, cuts or age-checks on the rubber
(4) Inspect cable clamps for security of mounting and ensure that clamps do not pinch or chafe cable.
(5) Inspect controls for proper operation. Refer to TM 5-4120-378-14 for proper operation and test
(6) Inspect air conditioner main body for missing rivets, dents, breaks, and corrosion.
(7) Inspect mounting bracket assembly for security of mounting and for structural damage such as separated
or broken weld joints.
DEATH or serious injury could result if electrical precautions are not taken when maintaining this
equipment. Be sure that power cables are unplugged/ disconnected and that circuit breakers are
set to OFF. Always have another person standing by who is familiar with electrical shock first aid.