4-12. WALL CABINET ASSEMBLY. - Continued
c. Repair. (See Figure 4-1.)
(1) Replace door handle assembly.
(a) Remove door handle assembly (8) by removing nuts (9) and retainer plate (10).
(b) Remove rods (11) and backing plate (12).
(c) Remove bolts (13), star washers (14) and door handle assembly (8).
(d) Install replacement door handle assembly (8) and secure with star washers (14) and bolts (13).
(e) Install backing plate (12), rods (11), retainer plate (10), and secure with nuts (9).
(2) Remove minor dents and bends from wall cabinet body.
(3) Remove minor dents and bends from wall cabinet shelf.
(4) Repair welds as needed.
(5) Replace handle assemblies if necessary.
4-13. HISTORICAL FILE CABINET ASSEMBLY.
This task covers:
General mechanics automotive tool kit, Hand blind riveter
RTV, Item 3, Appendix E
a. Inspect. (See Figure 4-2.)
(1) Check historical file cabinet for security of mounting, dents, and structural damage. Inspect welds for breaks
(2) Inspect file cabinet locking bar for bends and chipped paint.