4-38. TELEPHONE BINDING POST ASSEMBLY.
This task covers: a.
General mechanics automotive tool kit
RTV Sealant (3, Appendix E)
(1) Inspect binding post assembly hinged cover (6) on rear wall roadside for damage and ease of
(2) Inspect binding posts (1) for freedom of movement and correct return to the spring loaded OUT
(3) Inspect binding post assembly for cracks and security of mounting.
b. Replace. (See Figure 4-49.) -
(1) Unscrew exterior posts (1) from interior post studs (2), and insulating washers (3 and 4) and remove
posts and washers. Removal procedures are identical for each binding post assembly.
(2) Remove screws (5) and hinged cover (6).
(3) Remove rivets (7) of nomenclature plate (8) by drilling or chiseling off heads and remove plate.
(4) Remove rivets (9) by drilling or chiseling off heads.
(5) Remove RTV sealant and receptacle frame (10) from shelter wall.
(6) Apply RTV sealant (3, Appendix E) to frame lip and install receptacle frame (10) and secure with
(7) Install nomenclature plate (8) and secure with rivets (7).
(8) Install hinged cover (6) and secure with screws (5).