4-33. AIR CONDITIONER ASSEMBLY.
This task covers:
General mechanics automotive tool kit
RTV Sealant (3, Appendix E)
a. Inspect. (See Figures 4-39, 4-40 and 4-41.)
(1) Inspect air conditioner on front wall of shelter for security of mounting. Inspection procedures are
identical for both air conditioners.
(2) Inspect air conditioner electrical power cable for proper connection to wall receptacle and to air
(3) Inspect air conditioner power electrical power cable for breaks, cracks, cuts or age-checks on the
(4) Inspect cable clamps for security of mounting and ensure that clamps do not pinch or chafe cable.
(5) Inspect controls for proper operation. Refer to TM 5-4120-378-14 for proper operation and test
(6) Inspect air conditioner main body and ductwork for missing rivets, dents, breaks, corrosion, and
proper connection of adapter boot to air duct and to discharge grill of air conditioner. Ductwork exists on curbside air
(7) Inspect mounting bracket assembly for security of mounting and for structural damage such as
separated or broken weld joints.
DEATH or serious injury could result if electrical precautions
are not taken when maintaining this equipment. Be sure that
power cables are unplugged/ disconnected and that circuit
breakers are set to OFF. Always have another person standing
by who is familiar with electrical shock first aid.