4-23. WATER SUPPLY CABINET ASSEMBLY.
This task covers: a. Inspect
General mechanics automotive tool kit
(1) Inspect water supply cabinet on curbside of darkroom for dents, cracks, and security of mounting.
(2) Inspect water supply cabinet welding for breaks or separation of seams.
(3) Inspect doors and door hinges for ease of operation and proper closing.
(4) Inspect door handle and latching mechanism for ease of operation and ability to secure doors.
b. Repair. (See Figure 4-20.)
(1) Remove water supply cabinet dents and straighten door and panels.
(2) Repair breaks and separation of seams by minor welding.
(3) Replace door handle assembly.
Remove door handle assembly (1) by removing nuts (2) and retainer plate (3).
Remove rods (4) and backing plate (5).
Remove bolts (6), star washers (7), and door handle assembly (1).
Install replacement door handle assembly (1) and secure with star washers (7) and bolts (6).
Install backing plate (5), rods (4), retainer plate (3) and secure with nuts (2).