4-33. AIR CONDITIONER ASSEMBLY. - Continued
b. Replace Air Conditioner. - Continued
(24) Install rivets (20) in old data plate mounting holes on replacement air conditioner (2).
(25) Apply RTV sealant (3, Appendix E) to handle covers (9) and install on replacement air conditioner
(2) with rivets (8).
(26) Slide collar (7) onto front of replacement air conditioner (2) and position 3 3/8 inches from the front
(27) Drill two 1/2 inch holes on each side, top, and bottom of replacement air conditioner (2) using collar
(7) as a template.
(28) Remove collar (7) from replacement air conditioner (2).
(29) Remove screws (28) and air conditioner top cover (29).
(30) Install blind rivet nuts (30) in the eight drilled holes.
(31) Install air conditioner top cover (29) with screws (28).
(32) Install collar (7) with bolts (6, Figure 4-41), lockwashers (7), and flat washers (8).
(33) Apply a bead of RTV sealant (3, Appendix E) to front and rear inside of collar (7, Fig 4-42) where it
meets the air conditioner (10).
Serious injury could result if heavy equipment is moved/lifted without
sufficient personnel. Use a suitable device/dolly if possible or have
sufficient personnel available for the task to prevent injury to personnel.
Sling must go through air conditioner handles to prevent air conditioner
from falling and injuring personnel.