4-23. POWER DISTRIBUTION BOX ASSEMBLY. Refer to illustration of power distribution box assembly in figures 4-
19 through 4-26 below for location of components and hardware.
This task covers: Repair
General Mechanics Automotive Tool Kit, Appendix B
Electrical Equipment Tool Kit, Appendix B
Generator must be turned OFF and the main power cable must be
disconnected before performing maintenance on the power distribution
box assembly. DEATH on contact may result if power is not
a. Repair by replacing Circuit Breaker, Power Distribution Box Assembly. (See figure 4-19.)
(1) Request generator operator shut down generator and disconnect main power cable (1). Remove screws
(2), lockwashers (3), flat washers (4), and raise control panel assembly (5).
(2) Tag and disconnect terminal wire lug extenders (6) and line wires (7) on circuit breaker (8).
(3) Remove screws (9), and lockwashers (10) holding circuit breaker (8) in place.
(4) Remove circuit breaker (8).
(5) Remove clips (11) and square nuts (12) from circuit breaker (8) and retain for use with replacement
(6) Remove screws (13), lockwashers (14), and wire terminal blocks (15) from load side of replacement
circuit breaker (8).
(7) Position square nuts (12) in replacement circuit breaker (8) and secure with clips (11).
(8) Place replacement circuit breaker (8) in position.
(9) Secure screws (9) and lockwashers (10) holding circuit breaker (8) in place.