4-22. SINK ASSEMBLY. - Continued
m. Repair by replacing water float valve assembly. (See Figure 4-29.)
(1) Drain fresh water tank. Refer to paragraph 2-14.
Disconnect power to the sink assembly before opening rear door. DEATH on
contact may result if power is not disconnected.
(2) Remove screws (1) and pull water float valve assembly out of sink assembly.
(3) Remove float (2).
(4) Remove float rod (3).
(5) Remove float valve (4) and RTV sealant. (Appendix E, item 33.)
(6) Apply thread sealing tape (Appendix E, item 36) and install float valve (4).
(7) Install float rod (3) and float (2).
(8) Adjust float valve assembly so that top of float (2) is one inch below top of access plate (5) in closed
(9) Apply RTV sealing compound (item 33) to access plate (5) and position float valve assembly in sink
assembly and secure with screws (1).
(10) Turn on power and test operation.