moving distance, the crates must be placed on two 4 x 4
center of balance (9). Lift the crate from the flatcar with
the crane, and place it on the nearby loading platform or
timbers (8), so that the fork extensions may be placed on
the under side at the center of balance.
on a level suitable for further transportation. If a fork
truck is required for a short
Figure 2-2 Unloading details of camera from flatcar.
boxes (6) and remove them from the skid platform.
(7) Unwrap the waterproof laminated bag (4)
(1) Unpack the crate as close as possible to
from the camera and remove the desiccant.
the point of installation.
(8) Withdraw the four packing bolts from the
iron-pipe lifting attachments (10).
top and four sides of the crate. Remove the anchor
(9) Install the slings in the bolt holes of the
plates (3) and straps.
lifting attachments and, by means of a crane, lift the
(3) Detach the packing list (1) from the
camera clear of the skid platform.
(4) Remove the nails holding the top of the
inner frame (5) and remove the top boards. Do not drive
a crowbar into the crate.
(5) Remove the four sides of the crate in a
(1) Remove the grease proof barrier and
manner similar to removing the top.
holding tape from the camera rail (4, fig. 2-3). Wipe the
(6) Cut the straps holding the accessory
light oil preservative from the rail with a soft, clean cloth.