Figure 2-16. Work flow diagram.
(3) Operate the space heater for ventilation.
(1) Inspect the equipment for traces of mold,
mites, fungus, and metallic corrosion; remove all fouling
(4) Keep the equipment free from dust; use a
soft bristle brush (para 3-2) to remove sand and other
foreign particles from the equipment and components.
(2) Keep the equipment clean and have it
lubricated frequently by higher category of maintenance
(5) Dust all lenses with a soft camel's-air
brush, if available, or an air syringe, before cleaning
them with lens tissue.
(3) Dry the equipment thoroughly before
(6) Do not sweep the inside of the darkroom
before operating the equipment.
c. Operation in Arctic Climates.
temperatures and climatic conditions associated with
(7) Keep the cover on the air conditioner
cold weather affect the operation of the darkroom. Use
when the air conditioner is not in use.
the following precautions:
b. Operation in Tropical Climates.
(1) Operate the space heater continuously.
conditions are more acute in tropical swampy areas.
The high relative humidity causes moisture
(2) Dry the equipment thoroughly before
drops below that of the surrounding air. Use the
precautions below and maintain continuous operation of