(4) Remove the pentaprism by squeezing both
release buttons (fig. 3-1) with your fingers and sliding
the pentaprism toward the rear of the camera.
(5) Remove the viewfinder screen by lifting up
(There is a notch on each side to make this easier. )
(6) For easier cleaning of the viewing window,
unscrew the eyepiece ring.
scratches, pits and dirt; clean if required (para 3-
(8) Check the interior of the camera body for
dust, film clips, a n d f o r e i g n p a r t i c l e s ; c l e a n i f
b. Shutter Operation.
(1) Remove the lens and open the back of the
camera body as in a. above.
(2) Point the camera body toward a light area
and look at the rear of the shutter curtain.
(3) Turn the film advance lever until it stops and
then press the shutter release button.
(4) Repeat this for each speed on the shutter
( 5 ) The shutter should open each time it is
c. Shutter Speed Control.
(1) Rotate the shutter speed dial throughout its
(2) Check that it is not loose. (Each indicated
shutter speed should have a positive click and align