Removal and Disassembly.
(1) Dimensions and shape: see figure 5-5.
(2) Material: 2024-T3 Aluminum Alloy,
(1) Dimensions and shape: see figure 5-4.
(2) Materials: 5052-H32 Aluminum Alloy, QQ-A-250/8,
(3) Finish: Alodine 1200S per MILC-5541.
(3) Finish: chemical film per MI-C-5541.
c. Reassembly and Installation. Reassemble and install
(1) Secure the mending plate and catch strike to the
5-6. Mending Plate
There are two identical mending plates on the magazine
cover assembly. The procedures that follow apply to
(2) Install the magazine cover assembly.
5-7. Light Shield
(2) Remove the two rivets securing the catch strike and
There are two identical light shields (53) inside the
mending plate to magazine cover.
magazine assembly. The procedures that follow apply to
either or both of the light shields.
Figure 5-4. Cover, fabrication dimensions.