(1) Replace the pressure roller assembly in the
reverse order of removal and in conformity with the
(2) Rotate the film spool until one side engages
following special instructions.
the pivot (24 or 51).
(2) Shim (103 and 104) the pressure roller
(3) Push in the spindle (26) and rotate the shaft
assembly (97) for .001 to .003 inch end play.
(30) until its pivot (32) engages the other side of the film
pressure roller (97, fig. 3-16) causes the adas pressure
3-45. Lubrication and Preservation
plate to rise 0.01 + 0.001 inch, when the pressure roller
is cam actuated.
Excessive or inadequate lubrication
c. Disassembly. Disassemble the pressure
roller assembly as shown in figure 3-19.
3-43. Removal and Replacement of Spindle -
There are no lubrication
procedures to be performed at prescribed intervals but
the gear train in the body (fig. 2-6) receives a light coat
of synthetic grease Anderol L757 (Lehigh Chemical
(1) Remove the plate (34) by removing two
Products Co.) when the train is assembled and when
any component is replaced.
(2) Remove the shaft (36) and helical spring
inspection of the gear train should be coincident with the
environment in which the camera is operating and the
(3) Remove the spindle assembly (26).
number of missions in which it is used. The objective is
to keep the gears coated with lubricant and free of
(1) Insert the spindle assembly (26) into its hole,
insuring that the slot in the spindle assembly (26)
a lubricant is applied to the diaphragm blades, the
matches up with the small hole, in the magazine
replacement procedures include lubrication as a step of
housing, through which the shaft (36) passes.
(2) Install the spring (37) and shaft (36) insuring
that the shaft engages the slot in the spindle assembly
(1) Procedures for the application of an
electrical insulating compound to the component board
(3) Place the plate (34) over the shaft (36) and
secure the plate with two screws (35).
(2) Touchup of painted services as follows: (a)
Apply Chemical Film MI-C-5541 (FS10015) to machine
3-44. Removal and Replacement of Film Spool
(b) Apply Zinc Chromate Primer, MILP-
a. Removal. Pull out the spindle (26), grasp the film
8585 to surfaces that are to be painted.
spool (17) and remove it.
(c) Use Black Velvet Coating 100 Series
No. 101-C10 (Minnesota Mining and Mfg. Co.94960) to
(1) Position the film spool (17) in the magazine
(d) Apply Enamel TT-E-529 (olive drab No.
X24087, FED-STD-595) to applicable surfaces.