3-40. Removal, Replacement, and Disassembly of
Pressure Plate Assembly (fig. 3-16 (4))
a. Removal. Release two screws (74) securing
pressure plate assembly (73) to the magazine housing
b. Replacement. Be sure that the pressure plate is
properly oriented then engage and secure the two
c. Disassembly. Disassemble the pressure plate
assembly as shown in figure 3-17.
3-41. Removal, Replacement and Disassembly of
Keeper Block Assembly (fig. 3-16 (4))
(1) Remove the pressure plate assembly
(2) Remove two screws (76) securing leaf
(3) Remove two screws (78) and remove the
arms of the assembly compressed to prevent the spring
(79) from escaping.
(4) Release the keeper arms and remove the
b. Replacement. Replace the keeper
assembly in the reverse order of removal.
Figure 3-6. Installation of puck switch.
Be sure that the spring (79) is in
place and that the protruding part of
the arm (6) faces outward.
cover (3) by loosening the two screws (53).
(2) Unscrew the jewel (33) and remove it
c. Disassembly. Disassemble the keeper block
from the indicator light (28).
assembly as shown in figure 3-18.
(3) Remove nuts (31) and withdraw the
indicator light (28) and (34) with nuts (29) and
3-42. Removal, Replacement and Disassembly of the
Pressure Roller Assembly (fig. 3-16 (4))
(4) Tag each wire identifying its terminal
connection. Then unsolder the wires.
(1) Remove screw (98) and washer (99) on
b. Replacement. Install indicator lights in reverse
the right side of the pressure roller assembly (97).
order of removal.
(2) Rotate the C washer (102) until the slotted
side faces up. With an appropriate tool push the
retaining ring until it is free of the shaft (100).
(3) Withdraw the shaft (100) being careful to
catch the scaper (105) and the shims (103 and 104) as
Procedures for the repair and alinement of magazine
the shaft (100) is being withdrawn.
assemblies and parts by direct support personnel are