Dust cover (transit body cover) (MP181)
Catch (luggage catch) (M.P179-180)
Gasket (shielding gasket) (MP188)
Nut plate (MP258)
Cover (prism cover) (MP268)
Dust cap (MP169)
Dust cap (MP170)
(3) The positioning of the two bars (15, fig. 3-
10) on angle (6) will govern the positioning of the board
(2) Remove the four screws (8) from the
horizontally. The slots through which the attaching
underside of chassis (36) and withdraw the power supply
screws are threaded into the bars permit the
assembly (7) from the mating connector.
adjustments needed to obtain the designated vertical
(3) If malfunctioning has not been isolated to
(4) Mount the two bars (15) on angle (6) but
procedures before disassembly.
do not tighten the screws. Position the board over the
b. Disassembly (fig. 3-10).
bars and thread screws (13) into the bars from the
underside of angle (6). Do not fully tighten the screws.
Before removing an electrical part, note
(5) Adjust the board to comply with the 0.905-
its orientation and tag the connection
inch dimension shown in figure 811. The holes through
which screws (13, fig. 3-10) are threaded into bars (15)
are oversized to permit movement. When the
and flatwashers (4) attaching the two covers (1) to the
measurement has been obtained, tighten screws (13).
assembled angles (6 and 7). Separate the angles. A pad
(5) is cemented to the inside of each cover (1) and
(6) Readjust the board until it extends beyond
unless damaged need not be disassembled.
angle (6) a distance of 0.336 inch and its elevation in
the slot complies with the 0.462-inch dimension shown
(2) Remove screw (9) and saddle washer (10)
in figure 3-11.
attaching cable clamp (11) to angle (7).This will give
leeway to harness (8)
recheck the dimensions.
(3) From the outer surface of angle (6)
(8) Test the reassembled power
b. Installation of Power Supply Assembly (fig. 38).
(4) Remove four screws (13) attaching power
(1) Install the power supply assembly in the
supply board assembly (16) to the two bars (15),
reverse sequence of the removal procedures of
attached to angle (6). Withdraw the hoard assembly.
(2) Coat the bottom of the power supply
(5) Position the board assembly (16) with the
housing and the contacting area of the chassis with
wiring side facing up and indicate the connection point
on each wire. Then unsolder the wires from the
(3) Coat the threads of the attaching screws
connection points on the board assembly (16).
3-26. Reassembly and Installation of Power Supply
3-27. Removal and Replacement of Ac and Dc Circuit
a. Reassembly (fig. 3-10).
(1) Reassemble the power supply assembly
A single procedure is given for the
in reverse of the disassembly procedures described in
removal and replacement of both
following special instructions.
(2) The positioning of the board assembly
(16) on angle (6) is critical and the dimensions shown in
figure 3-11 must be maintained.