Washer (saddle) (H554)
Bearing plate (MP23)
Gear and clutch assembly
Retaining ring (P/O MP50)
Washer (saddle) (H30)
Retaining ring (MP74-77)
Lens-mirror assy (MP56)
Cam stop (MP119)
RHA (ADAS) (V1)
Retaining ring (MP75)
Wiring harness (W1)
3-14. Removal and Replacement
Before installing the rha, the ties must
(1) Remove the aec assembly from the body
(1) Remove 16 screws (14,
securing cover (13) to housing (198).
(2) Remove the single screw (35) securing
(2) Remove 8 screws (16) securing electrical
each clamp (36) to the housing (129).
connectors J1 and J2 to the receptacle of cover (13).
Remove the two connectors and the backplate (17).
Use care to prevent damage to the connector pins by
(3) The three wires from the photocell
rotating the connector mounting screws alternately one
assembly (36, fig. 3-4 (2)) are color coded. As each wire
turn until the connector is free.
is removed from connector J1, tag it with its identifying
(4) Release the cable by removing screw
(36B) and nut (36D) which secure the clamp (36A) and
(4) Remove the cable clamp and break the
saddle washer (36C).
lacing securing the photocell wires to the harness.
(5) Loosen the nut (37) from the screw (38),
(5) Clench pin g of connector J1 with
then remove the two screws (41) securing the clamp
extracting tool MS24256 R20 and force the pin down
through the connector until it is free. Tag the wire as pin
(6) Loosen the screw (39) to release the rha
(40) from the lens and mirror assembly (49). Withdraw
(6) Repeat (5) above for the removal of pin h.
the rha carefully.
(7) Repeat (5) above for the removal of pin j.
When replacing the rha, make certain
that the new assembly is compatible
(8) Remove two screws (37)
with the data annotation system of
photocell assembly (36) to the housing.
the aircraft in which the camera is
used. The assemblies and systems
are as follows:
(1) Install a photocell assembly (36) in the
camera body in the reverse sequence of its removal.
AN/AYA-5 Bowmar annotation system RHA
(2) Check for sufficient clearance between
AN/AYA-10 Hiller annotation system RHA
photocell assembly (36) and adjacent gear.
(3) Coat the threads of the attaching screws
If not already done, a 3/8-inch
with glyptal 7526F (GE).
portion of sleeving must be removed
3-15. Removal and Replacement of Recording Head
from the clamps (36) to prevent the
Assembly and Clamps (fig. 3-3(2))
tip of the clamp from pulling out of
its mating slot in the rha (40). Figure
At the initial installation, connector
3-21 illustrates the clamps before
and after the removal of the sleeving.