side access door by loosening the two knurled captive screws
that hold the door closed, and swing it open. Loosen the
knurled screw on the light shield and- swing the shield open,
(2) Remove the mirror retaining strips (fig. 4) by removing the
two screws that hold each bracket to the second mirror frame
assembly. Carefully lift the three secondary mirrors out of
the frame assembly and remove from the projector.
(3) To replace the secondary mirrors, reverse the disassembly
instructions given in subparagraphs (1) and (2) above.
(1) Follow the instructions in subparagraph e (1) and (2) above
for the left-hand mirror only.
(2) To remove the shield, first remove the two screws (fig. 1)
and speed nuts that hold the shield hinges to the secondary
mirror frame assembly. Lift the shield off.
(3) `I-o replace the shield, reverse the disassembly instructions
given in subparagraphs (1) and (2) above.
g. Front Surface Mirror and Mirror, Frame Assembly
(1) Follow the instructions in paragraph in paragraph 44 b (1) and (2).
(2) To remove the front surface mirror, turn the projector on
its back (fig. 15) . Then loosen the three screws which secure
the front surface mirror retaining strip (fig. 13) . Slide the
strip back away from the mirror and carefully lift the mirror
out of the projector.
Caution: Extreme care should be used when handling the
front surface mirror. Do not touch the front reflecting surface
with the hands, allows tools or coarse cloth to come into
c o n t a c t with it. This surface is very delicate and easily
scratched or married.