Figure 30. Projector PH-637A/PFP, bottom view, cover removed.
(1) Follow the instructions in e(2) through (4) above.
(2) Unscrew the four screws that hold the motor mountings to
the base of the projector. Hold the motor with one hand,
and remove the screws, nuts, and washers. Lift the motor
carefully out of the projector.
(3) To remove the motor mountings, remove the two screws that
hold the mounting to the blower end and the two nuts that
hold the mounting to the motor end.
(4) To remove the shock mounts from the motor mountings, re-
move the cotter pin from each shock-mount shaft, and slide
out the shaft. Be careful not to lose the three rubber washers
that fall free as the shaft is withdrawn.
(5) To remove the fan, use an Allen wrench to loosen the setscrew
that holds the fan in place on the motor shaft. Then slide
the fan from the shaft.
(6) To replace the motor and fan, reverse the disassembly in-
structions given in (1) through (5) above. Be sure to re-
place the motor in the projector housing so that the blower
nozzle faces the projection lamp.