then remove the clip, screw, nut, and washer. Be careful
that the reflector does not fall and break. Now slide the
reflector out from under the other two retaining clips.
(3) To replace the reflector, reverse the instructions given in
(1) and (2) above.
Caution: When the reflector mounting is removed and
replaced, the reflector must be re-alined (par. 59e).
d. Glass Condenser.
(1) Open the door on the left-hand side of the projector housing.
(2) Unscrew the captive screw that holds the condenser mounting
plate in place, and use the screw to pull the mounting plate
carefully out through the door.
(3) The condenser (for the PH-637/PFP) is held in the mount-
ing plate by four guides welded to the plate and by associated
clips and screws. Unscrew two adjacent screws, and remove
the screws and clips. Then slide the condenser carefully
from the mounting plate. The condenser for the PH-637A/
PFP is held in place by four clips. To remove the condenser,
push two clips to one side and slide the condenser from the
(4) To replace the condenser, reverse the disassembly instructions
given in (1) through (3) above.
Caution: When the condenser mounting and the con-
denser are removed and replaced, check optical alinement of
the projector (par. 59) to be sure that no adjustment is
e. Lamp Socket (figs.
29 and 30).
(1) Open the rear door of the projector, and then open the lamp
house door. Remove the projection lamp from its socket.
(2) Rack the projection head up off the vertical support post,
and set it carefully to one side.
(3) Lay the projector on its side on a level working space.
(4) Remove the bottom cover plate by removing the eight screws
that hold it to the projector.
(5) For the PH-637/PFP only, remove the two screws, washers,
and base cover from the base of the lamp socket.
(6) Unscrew the two terminal screws and remove the wiring-
lead terminal clips.
(7) Reach in through the rear door of the projector, and use an
Allen wrench to loosen the screw that locks the socket re-
taining ring in place. Slide the socket out of the ring.
(8) To replace the lamp socket, reverse the instructions given in
(1) through (7) above. Before the socket retaining ring
screw is tightened, the lamp must be alined with reference
to the condenser lens (per. 59c).