the rear of the projector housing and slide it up as far as it
(14) Swing out the bottom of the lamphouse assembly until the
lamphouse mounting bracket is outside the projector housing.
(15) Slide the lamhousing assembly downward until the upper
portion of its mounting bracket clears the bottom of the
(16) Remove the lamphouse assembly by drawing it straight out
and turning it to the left.
(17) To reassemble the lamphouse assembly, perform the proce-
dures in (1) through (14) above in reverse order.
f. Lamp Socket (fig. 29.3).
(1) Remove the lamphouse assembly (e(1) through (13) above).
(2) Carefully lay the lamphouse assembly on its side with the
heat-absorbing filter facing the bottom of the projector hous-
ing. The lamphouse mounting bracket will he on the right.
(3) Tag and disconnect the wires leading from the lamphouse
assembly by twisting the associated wire nuts in a counter-
clockwise direct ion.
(4) Turn the lamphouse assembly so that the two socket mount-
ing screws can be seen through the central hole in the bottom
of the lamphouse mounting bracket.
(5) Loosen the two socket mounting screws.
(6) Open the lmpinghouse door and remove the two socket mount-
ing screws and the lamps socket.
(7) Pull the lamp socket out through the lamphouse door open-
ing, with the wires attached.
(8) Turn the lamp socket upside down and gently pry out the
fiberboard washer that covers the screw terminals of the
socket. The wire terminations can be be removed by unscrewing
the screw terminals.
Caution: When replacing the lamp socket, make sure
that the wide slot on the top of the lamp socket faces
the heat-absorbing filter, and the narrow slot faces the
(9) To reassemble the lamphouse assembly, perform the proce-
dures given in (1) through (8) above in reverse order.
g. Blower Motor find Fans (fig. 29.3).
(1) Perform the procedures given in e (2), (3), and (4) above.
(2) Remove the blower motor by removing the four motor mount-
ing screws and nuts that secure the motor mounting bracket
to the bottom of the projector housing.