(5) To reinstall the glass condenser lens, perform the procedures
in (1) through (4) above in reverse order.
Note. When the glass condenser lens
or its mounting
optical alignnient (par. 59) of the projector must be checked.
e. Lamphouse Assembly.
(1) Loosen the captive screw at the top center of the rear door;
open the rear door (fig. 7.1) of the projector housing.
(2) Raise the latch above the lamphouse door, and open the lamp-
(3) Remove the projection lamp from the socket by turning it
(4) Raise the latch at the top of the heat-asorbing filter and
gently lift the heat-asorbing filter up and out of the retaining
strip at. the. bottom of the heat-absorbing filter retaining
(5) Close the lamphouse door.
(6) Rack the projection head up and off the support post, and
set it, carefully to one side.
(7) Carefully lay the projector housing on its side on a level
(8) Remove the bottom cover mounting screws (fig. 29.3) and
take off the bottom cover.
(9) Hold the double strap nut (on top of the lamphouse mounting
bracket) with the fingers of one hand, and remove the two
lower lamphouse mounting bolts at the bottom of the lamp-
house assembly with the other hand.
Note. W h e n e v e r t h e f o u r l a m p h o u s e m o u n t i n g b o l t s h a r e b e e n
loosened, alignment of the projection lamp with reference to the glass
condenser lens must be rechecked (par. 59f ) .
(10) Lift out the double strap nut and lay it to one side, along
with the lamphouse adjustment strip.
(11) Loosen the two upper lamphouse mount bolts until they
can be turned with the fingers.
Caution: Remove the two upper lamphouse mounting
bolts and the lamphouse adjustment strip.
(12) With the fingers of one hand, hold the upper double strap
nut firmly so that the lamphouse assembly will be supported
when the lamphouse mounting bolts are removed. G r a s p
the bottom of the lamphouse assembly firmly with one hand
and slide out the upper double strap nut with the other hand.
(13) With one hand, more the lamphouse assembly all the way to