(1) Light from the projector passes through the stationary polar-
i z e r o f t r a n s p a r e n c y and the rotating polarizer of the
spinner. The optical effect of this sequence is an illusion of
(2) The mounting clamp fits over the lens housing of the pro-
jector; source power for the spinner is derived from an ac
convenience outlet available on certain projector models. On
other models, another 115-volt ac source is used.
(3) With the mounting clamp in line with the spinner housing,
the equipment measures 9.31 inches long by 6.63 inches wide
by 4.59 inches deep. It weighs 21/2 pounds.
Figure 23.2 Spinner. Polarizer BM-34(A).
49. Service Upon Receipt of Equipment
a. Unpacking. The spinner is inserted in a vinyl bag and the vinyl
bag is inserted in a fiberboard box sealed with tape.
(1) Slit the tape and open the fiberboard box.
(2) Remove the manual, the cushioning, and the spinner.
(3) Remove the spinner from the vinyl bag and remove the
cushioning, that has been placed between the mounting clamp
and the spinner housing.