Figure 4-2. Rigging Instructions for Transportation of Shelter.
(9) Use the hook at the farthest end from the turnbuckle, and hook each end of the sling assemblies to a tiedown
eye of the assemblage.
(10) Secure the sling hooks to the tiedown ring (see fig. 4-2).
Do not overtighten the turnbuckles. Overtightening turnbuckles will tear the lifting eye
assemblies from the shelter.
(11) Tighten all turnbuckles evenly by hand; then turn each turnbuckle an additional one-half turn with a bar or rod
inserted in the turnbuckle slot.
(12) Insert the appropriately sized wooden blocks between the shelter skids and the sides of the truck bed to prevent
movement and strain on the sling assembly cables.
(13) Insert appropriately sized wooden blocks between the shelter skids and the cab wall of the truck bed to protect
the towing eyes of the shelter and the cab wall of the truck bed.