10-2. Bench Assembly
a. Inspection. Inspect the bench assembly as follows:
(1) Inspect the bench for dents, cracks and any other signs off structural damage.
(2) Inspect welded areas for breaks or separation of weld seams.
(3) Inspect drawer handles for security of installation and damage. Repair or replace as necessary.
(4) Inspect paintwork for any signs of peeling or cracking and check bench for evidence of environmental damage.
(5) Inspect bench assembly for security of mounting. Repair as necessary.
(6) Inspect drawers for ease of movement and drawer runners for damage.
(7) Inspect drawer knurled locking knobs for correct operation and damage. Replace as necessary.
(8) Inspect drawer hook catches for damage and correct operation.
(9) Inspect drawer handles and latching mechanism for security and correct operation. Repair or replace as
(10) Inspect door hinges for ease of movement and door for damage.
b. Removal. Remove the bench assembly as follows:
(1) Remove the papercutter as directed in paragraph 5-9.
(2) Remove the screws, nuts and washers which attach the papercutter stiffening plate mounts (See fig. 10-2).
(3) Using a suitable lever, carefully pry the platecutter mounting bushings from the bench top.
Figure 10-2. Papercutter Mounting Plates.