(12) Using a suitable wrench, remove the sink
drain which passes through the sink and into the drain
elbow. Remove the drain and elbow.
b. Installation. Install the sink assembly as follows:
(1) Apply Alumalastic sealer to mating surfaces of
new sink and sink drain.
(2) Correctly position drain elbow on new sink and
install sink drain. Wipe away any excess sealer.
(3) Apply blue grade C Locktite sealant to inner
surfaces of new sink retaining rim and new sink lip.
(4) Insert new sink through counter front panel
aperture and position sink below sink aperture together
with any necessary spacers.
(5) Position retaining rim around sink on counter
(6) Position the sink mounting fasteners around
the underside of the sink and secure evenly.
(7) Excess sealant will be forced from both inner
and outer edges of the retaining rim during the tightening
process. Wipe away any excess sealant before it dries.
Do not use any solvent.
(8) Position rubber hose portion of sink drain
assembly and secure hose clamps. (See fig. 10-2.)
(9) Position the headliner counter front panel and
install the attaching screws.
(10) Install headliner counter top drawer.
(11) Position the sink shield on the headliner
counter with aft shield positioned behind the faucet
bracket. (See fig. 10-1.)
(12) Secure the sink shield with blind rivets.
(13) Position the faucet bracket on the sink shield
and install attaching screws.
10-3. Sink Drain Assembly.
The sink drain assembly consists of an internal
drain pipe which angles toward right side of shelter to
outside drain opening, and a drain b -se with attaching
coupler. The drain assembly used in conjunction with sink
assembly for removal of water and other liquids from
inside of shelter. A cap is also provided on outside of
shelter to prevent dirt or other material from clogging
a. Inspection. Inspect sink drain as follows:
(1) Inspect all portions of drain assembly for
cracks which could cause leaks.
(2) Inspect hoses for condition and clamps for
(3) Ensure drain assembly is properly aligned.
(4) Pour water into sink and ensure there is no
clogging or blockage present in drain assembly.
(5) Inspect all metal components for signs of rust
(6) Inspect drain plug for proper fitting.
Assure that little or no liquid is
present in sink drain assembly
(1) Remove headliner counter drawer IT to gain
access to internal portion of drain.
(2) Loosen two hose clamps and remove rubber
hose. (See fig. 10-2.)
(3) Using a wrench (sink adapter), remove elbow
pipe from adapter drain plate.
(4) Remove drain assembly cap or uncouple
outside drain hose as necessary. (See fig. 10-2.)
(5) Remove nuts and screws which secure
coupling adapter and reducer. Remove coupling adapter
and reducer from shelter wall.
(6) Discard gasket.
c. Repair. Repair procedures for the sink drain
assembly consist of replacement of defective parts.
(1) Install new gasket on shelter wall adapter
(2) Install coupling adapter and reducer. Secure
coupling adapter and reducer with nuts and screws. (See
(3) Install drain assembly cap or outside drain
hose as necessary.
(4) Apply sealer to elbow pipe and secure to
adapter drain plate with wrench (sink adapter).
Adjust elbow pipe to ensure proper
(5) Install rubber hose and secure with hose