REPAIR OF FOLDING CHAIR HOLDDOWN
The folding chair holddown secures the folding chair
to the left back wall of the shelter by means of a retainer
strap and two fastener loops attached to the wall of the
7-2. Folding Chair Holddown.
a. Inspection. Inspection procedures for the folding
chair holddown are as follows:
(1) Inspect the fastener loops and the screws that
secure them to the shelter walls for security and condition.
Remove and replace as required.
(2) Inspect the retaining strap and the retaining
strap buckle for condition and security. Remove and
replace as required.
b. Removal. Remove the folding chair holddown as
(1) Unlatch the retaining strap buckle and remove
the folding chair. (See fig. 7-1.)
Figure 7-1. Folding Chair Holddown, Removal and Installation
(2) Remove the two screws that attach the
fastener loops to the wall of the shelter and remove the
fastener loops from the ends of the retainer strap.
c. Repair. Fabricate new retaining strap as follows:
(1) Cut four feet of cotton webbing and cut to
match previously removed retaining strap.
(2) Machine sew loop ends and buckle to
(3) Cut webbing end to receive clip and press clip
d. Installation. Install the folding chair holddown as
(1) Install the fastener loops through the ends of
the retaining strap and secure the fastener loops to the
shelter wall with two screws each.
(2) Position the folding chair against the shelter
wall and secure with the retaining strap.